Internship: Analysis of energy efficiency trends W/M
Contract type: Internship
Work time: Full time
Enerdata is an independent research and consulting firm specialising in the analysis and modelling of the global energy markets and its drivers.
Created in 1991, Enerdata now has more than 30 years of experience on past and present issues shaping the energy industry.
Our teams are made up of energy experts, analysts, engineers and IT specialists. Capitalising on its databases and forecasting models, Enerdata brings its expertise to cover the political, economic and environmental aspects of energy systems.
For almost 20 years, Enerdata has been responsible for the ODYSSEE database on energy efficiency indicators in Europe, which is part of the ODYSSEE-MURE project funded by the European Commission. In this new phase of the project (starting at the end of 2022), the challenge is to improve the coverage and quality of the data provided by the partners' countries. The objective of this internship is to support the countries in this task by identifying priority issues for a given sector and by proposing methodologies for the estimation of missing data.
In addition, the successful candidate will participate in the development and implementation of new indicators for monitoring energy efficiency in Europe (e.g. decomposition of CO2 emissions).
Finally, more generally, the aim will be to assess and produce analyses of the impact of energy efficiency on energy demand through detailed indicators. This work may also cover other countries/regions of the world.
The successful candidate will be integrated into the Energy Efficiency and Demand Department. The internship is available from the 1st quarter of 2023 for a 6 months duration.
- Support for the 2021 data update process.
- Improvement of data collection and estimates on a given sector (e.g. transport).
- Analysis of energy efficiency trends and development of indicators.
- Participation in consultancy projects for public and private clients.
- Skills in quantitative analysis
- Strong interest in energy and energy efficiency issues
- Strong knowledge of Excel or data analysis tools
- Skills in VBA and/or Python appreciated
- Rigorous, strong analytics, curious and results oriented
- Fluency in English and French language is a must; Another European language is a plus
This position has been filled.