Electricity market Expert W/M
Contract type: Permanent contract
Work time: Full time
Who we are ?
We have been putting technology and expertise at the service of the energy transition for more than 30 years.
Relying on its databases, forecasting models and competences, Enerdata brings its expertise to assess the political, economic and environmental aspects of energy systems.
Enerdata Key figures in 2022:
- +14% growth
- 150 customers - key players of the energy/climate sector in 50+ countries
- 60+ employees in Grenoble, Paris and Singapore
Enerdata is looking for an experienced electricity market expert to develop new solutions and strengthen its existing offering in the field of power markets analysis, power market regulation and modelling. Power sector decarbonisation and electrification of energy end uses are pillars of the energy transition and key factors to achieve net-zero GHG emissions targets.
Enerdata wants to accelerate its development in power markets expertise to reinforce its unique position to support both public and private actors in their decarbonisation journey, leveraging its fields of expertise on energy and climate:
- Energy and climate scenario modelling
- Data science and statistics
- Market research and business intelligence
Enerdata’s current offering for the power sector relies on recognized sectoral decarbonisation trajectories from in-house models, power sector related databases and expertise. In a context of strong activity growth, it is a perfect opportunity for an experienced power sector professional to leverage its expertise to develop new solutions and conduct studies for various, international customers, from governmental and regulatory institutions to power utilities, industrial and financial actors. The person will be able to broaden its skills and knowledge alongside sectoral experts (cleantech, global prospective, energy markets intelligence, energy demand, climate change mitigation and adaptation etc..) in an international environment.
The selected applicant will be part of the power market team within the Innovation department and will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage power market studies: regulatory, policy and market design analysis; power prices and asset valuation forecasts; flexibility market studies
- Lead and write proposals for power market projects.
- Supervise selection/development of a power modelling solution (hourly granularity)
- Improve and develop power related products (e.g., power prices forecasts)
- Supervise analysts
- Participate to key publications and communication events
Who you are ?
- 5+ years of professional experience in power market analysis, regulation and/or market design
- Very good knowledge of wholesale power markets, PPAs, regulation and market design
- Quantitative skills related to power markets, in particular power market modelling
- Proven track record in project management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Business development oriented, experience in strategy definition and partnership implementation
- Fluency in English and French language is a must; another European language is a plus
We offer you the opportunity to participate in the global decarbonisation process as part of a passionate and exciting team:
- Superb offices in Grenoble city centre (2-minute walking distance from the train station)
- A flexible working environment: Paris, Grenoble or Remote
- A Swile card: €9 per working day
- A profit-sharing agreement
- An international, relaxed and energetic working environment
We value the diversity of the people we employ because we are convinced that allowing individual differences to be recognised, respected and appreciated enables everyone to develop their potential and assert their talents.
- English - Level advanced
- French - Level advanced
This position has been filled.